2012-07-03: 4.2.0 Released!
Here we go again!
A new major stable version of KVIrc is ready!
Two years have passed since the first KVIrc 4 release. While the original 4.0 code was put in maintenance mode, a lot of time has been dedicated to merge new features inside KVIrc. Today we present the result of this development.
Support for new os/architectures:
- - Mac OS X support, clang support
- - 64-bit Windows support
- - improved FreeBSD integration
- - an experimental OS/2 patch
More scripting power:
- - the interface to the popup subsystem has been rewritten: the new popup module
- - a new interface to the userlist: the userlist module
- - a new webView class that embeds a webkit
- - improved SQL classes
- - a new trayicon KVS class
- - added a default script manager to restore default scripts without overwriting custom user scripts
- - lots of new functions: $file.time(), $insideAlias(), $log.export(), $file.diskspace(), $isBot(), $gender(), $context.connectionStartTime, $context.lastMessageTime, $listtimers(), $window.isDocked, $aliasBody(), $file.readBytes(), $file.writeBytes(), window.savePropertiesAsDefault, $chan.modeParam(), ...
- - new SSL certificate related stuff: $dcc.getSSLCertInfo(), $certificate(), $str.evpSign(), $str.evpVerify()
A lot of new miscellaneous features:
- - a module to support FiSH irc encryption
- - smart logging paths using KVS
- - improved medialayer support: VLC, Spotify, Totem, Clementine, ...
- - a rewritten log viewer module
- - dynamic support for custom channel modes
And finally, as usual, a lot of bugfixes and minor enchancements.
The source packages are available here. Binaries for Windows and Mac OS X are available in the download section. Binaries for other platforms will be available soon in the same location as well as from your favorite distribution repositories.
There is also a portable version for Windows available on PortableApps.com.
As usual, any bug for this release should be reported by using the bugtrack system available at https://svn.kvirc.de/kvirc.
We'd like to thank again all the people supporting the KVIrc project: the mighty coders, people submitting patches, the translators, the testers and even the ones simply providing suggestions. A big hug to the resident users of #kvirc@Freenode for their continuous effort on bridging the gap between developers and users.
Honor and Glory to everyone involved!
Enjoy... and remember: we have no boundaries on the net! :)
Fabio Bas and The KVIrc Development Team